The Rural Development Vertical provides policy guidance to the Department of Rural Development, Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD). It monitors the progress of the various schemes and programmes, including DAY-NRLM, MGNREGA, PMAY, NSAP, PMGSY implemented by the Ministry.
- Core Functions
- Assist in policy formulation of rural development programmes and to make periodic assessments of the physical and financial progress achieved.
- Analyze and furnish comments on draft Cabinet Notes, EFC/SFC memorandums and PPRs received from MoRD and Other verticals
- Liaise with MoRD to engage States for greater cooperative federalism.
- Provide a platform for the resolution of inter-sectoral and inter-departmental issues to accelerate the implementation of various schemes of the Ministry.
- Monitor MoRD’s schemes such as MGNREGA, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G), Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY- NRLM), National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) and Pradhan Manti Gram Sadak Yojana(PMGSY). The Vertical participates in the preparation of the Terms of Reference for evaluation of key CSS schemes of MoRD. It also provides inputs for the finalisation of reports pertaining to these schemes.
- The Vertical coordinates with MoRD to review the updation of DMEO’s Output-Outcome Monitoring Framework.
The Vertical engages with experts from academia, industry leaders and civil society to deliberate on issues of rural development.
- Line Ministries
Department of Rural Development, Ministry of Rural Development
- Who’s Who
Name Designation Email ID Dr. Yogesh Suri Senior Adviser yogesh[dot]suri[at]nic[dot]in Sh T. Kabilan Director tkabilan[dot]dad[at]gov[dot]in Ms.Vandana Sharma Deputy Adviser vandana-pc[at]nic[dot]in Ms. C. Shyamala Economic Officer cshyamala[at]gov[dot]in Sh Rajeev Kumar Assistant Section Officer Rajeev[dot]kmr76[at]gov[dot]in