We do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you. If you choose to provide us with personal information like filling out a Contact Us form with an e-mail address or postal address, and submitting it to us through the website, we use that information to respond to your message, and to help you get the information you have requested.
Material featured on this Portal may be reproduced free of charge after taking proper permission by sending a mail to us. However, the material has to be reproduced accurately and not to be used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. Wherever the material is being published or issued to others, the source must be prominently acknowledged. However, the permission to reproduce this material shall not extend to any material which is identified as being copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the departments/copyright holders concerned.
Content Contribution, Moderation and Approval Policy (CMAP)
Following this policy, we provide a role based Content Management system. This CMS helps the website team in giving role specific access of administrator panel to different users. The web administrator will also be able to manage information specifically meant for internal use, which will be viewable to all members after the successful login. Admin can create the users by assigning a user a particular role and module to which functions of a particular user are limited.
These roles are:
Creator: He / She is responsible to create content which is meant for publishing on NITI website. They are responsible to add / edit / delete content on the website within their respective working domain and send it for approval.
Moderator: He / She is responsible to approve the content presented by the creator.
Publisher: He / She is responsible to publish the drafted / approved / moderated content. He / She can edit / add / delete and review the content before publishing.
These personnel would be nominated by the Web Administrator of the site and are responsible for overall maintaining quality and quantity of information on the website. The Web Administrator will be responsible for overall supervision to ensure that authentic and updated information remains available on the site.
CMAP policy ensures following activities on the website:
- All information about the NITI, useful for the citizen and other stakeholders, is present in the 'About Us' section and mechanism is in place to keep the information up to date.
- Mechanism is in place to ensure that all the Citizen Services, Forms, Documents and Schemes, if any, are registered with the respective repositories of the National Portal.
- Website is free from offensive/discriminatory language.
- Content is compiled and packaged with citizen-centric orientation.
- Clear and simple language has been used throughout the website.
- The language is free from spelling and grammatical errors.
- Documents / pages in multiple languages are updated simultaneously.
- All information, which is of direct importance to the citizen, is accessible from the Homepage.
- Text is readable both in electronic and print format and the page prints correctly on an A4 size paper.
- There is adequate contrast between text and background color.
- Alternate text is provided for non text elements (e.g. images).
- Web pages do not contain any content that flashes for more than three times in a second.
- There is a mechanism to control scrolling, blinking content. To address this, We have provided Manual Start and Stop wherever required.
- Website ranks in the first five results on major search engines when searched with relevant keywords.
- It has been ensured that all stationery items distributed to public by NITI, as well as advertisements / public messages issued by the concerned department prominently display the URL of the web site.
Web Content Review Policy
The Web Administrator, the assigned personnel and original content-providers are responsible for periodically reviewing the content of this website in their respective working domains and keep the information updated at all times. A proper workflow should be followed before final Updation of content on the website is affected.
Content Archival Policy
Content Archival Mechanism is in place to ensure that all outdated announcements are removed from the website or moved to archive. This will help website team in ensuring that the expired content is removed from the main website. The Archival System available on the website will transfer the expired content in archives section as soon as it reaches expiry date. Archived data will be available with search option to enable search of the data within a range of period by selecting any two dates.
Note: The web manager is responsible to put the expiry date for the content, wherever applicable.
Hyper Linking Policy
Links to external websites/portals
At many places in this website, you shall find links to other websites/portals. The links have been placed for your convenience. NITI is not responsible for the contents and reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in them. Mere presence of the link or its listing on this Portal should not be assumed as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over availability of linked pages.
The NITI Aayog website conforms to all Website Security Guidelines for Indian Government Websites as prescribed by the Government of India.
Links to NITI-Website by other websites
We do not object to you linking directly to the information that is hosted on this site and no prior permission is required for the same. However, we would like you to inform us about any links provided to this Portal so that you can be informed of any changes or Updations therein. Also, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. The pages belonging to this site must load into a newly opened browser window of the User.
For more details and banners to link to our Portal visit our Link to Us Section.