- Pre-primary, elementary, secondary, higher-secondary, higher, technical and teacher education
- Formal and non-formal education, including adult literacy
- Areas of special focus such as education of girls, Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), minorities, and children with special needs.
- The Education Vertical seeks to facilitate a conducive learning environment through policy and programmes so that people can develop to their full potential and contribute towards the socio-economic development of the country. The Education Vertical strives to facilitate school readiness, socio-emotional learning, critical and higher-order thinking, and grade-level competency amongst children. It seeks to empower youth with employability skills, research temperament and subject matter expertise through high quality, accessible, equitable, accountable, and affordable education system.
- Core Functions
- The Vertical covers:
- Education related to agriculture and allied sectors, and public health is not in the domain of the Vertical. The Vertical’s key functions include:
- Policy Analysis: Evaluation of Cabinet Notes, EFCs, SFCs from Line Ministries.
- Benchmarking Educational Achievement of States: Development of indices to track progress and infuse healthy competition among States to improve education.
- Research Studies: The Vertical takes up policy issues in the field of education to formulate recommendations through extensive research and consultations.
- Programme-Level Intervention: The Vertical also takes up programme-level interventions to develop proof of concept to improve quality of education.
- World Bank
- Piramal Foundation
- Boston Consulting Group
- Line Ministries
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
Title Download Strategy for New India Systemic Transformation of School Education - The SATH-E Experience School Education Quality Index
- Sustainable Action for Human Development-Education 1.0
- School Education Quality Index 1.0
- Sustainable Action for Human Development-Education 2.0
- School Education Quality Index 2.0
- Working Paper on Roadmap for Human Capital Development for Economic Growth
- Working Paper on Roadmap to Improve the Quality of Public School Education
- Working Paper on Reforms in Higher Education: Rebrand India as the Education Destination
- Working Paper on State Model Regulatory Framework for Private Schools
- Reforms in Teacher Education
- Who's Who
Name Designation EMAIL ID Sh. Rajib Kumar Sen Senior Adviser rajib[dot]sen[at]nic[dot]in Dr. Shashank Shah Senior Specialist shashank[dot]shah[at]gov[dot]in Sh. Harshit Mishra Deputy Adviser harshit[dot]mishra[at]gov[dot]in Dr. (Ms.) Bhavana Kohli Public Policy Specialist bhavana[dot]kohli[at]gov[dot]in Ms. Pushpamitra Das Young Professional pushpa[dot]92[at]govcontractor[dot]in Sh. Jayant Vig Young Professional Jayantvig[dot]aim[dot]nic[at][dot]in