In pursuance of the decision taken in a meeting held on 9th July 2021 in NITI Aayog, a task force has been constituted under the chairpersonship of Prof. Ramesh Chand, Member, NITI Aayog with following ToRs:
- To assess the status of biofertilizer and organic fertilizer production and consumption in the country and briefly present its implications
- Assessment of the existing standards of biofertilizers through the Organic Fertiliser Control order of the Government of India for organic fertilizer and suggest changes to expand its scope and the existing testing facilities including recommendations thereof
- To devise innovative ways and policies to promote cattle economy and use of cow manure as biofertilizer and bio-energy especially for gaushalas to convert cattle into economic assets
- To devise measures/ Policy initiatives for encouraging the commercial production, packaging, marketing and distribution of biofertilizers including the development of brand and address challenges in marketing and certification of biofertilizers
- To explore Public Private Partnership model with various stakeholders including goshalas, Dairy cooperatives and Farmer Producer Organization for production of enriched soild and liquid biofertilizer
- Suggest mechanism and policy support for encouraging the commercial production, packaging, marketing and distribution and use of biofertilizers to create a level playing field with inorganic fertilizers
In this regard, stakeholder views on the background (English/Hindi) and the Terms of Reference (English/Hindi) or any other suggestions were solicited for bringing policy recommendations pertinent for transforming this sector.
Also, all stakeholders could share success stories/experiences, etc., whereby livestock by-products were utilized in product development, along with its socio-economic impacts.
All suggestions/comments were received by December 25, 2021.