One of the important functions undertaken at NITI Aayog is the appraisal of public sector programmes/schemes/projects. The appraisal work is undertaken by Project Appraisal Management Division (PAMD). The PAMD has been assigned to discharge the following functions;
- Prescribe guidelines and develop formats for the submission of proposals for projects and programmes for techno economic appraisal;
- Undertake support research studies to improve the methodology and procedure for appraisal of projects and programmes;
- Undertake techno economic appraisal of major projects and programmes in the public sectors; and
- Assist Central ministries in establishing proper procedures for preparation of reports of projects and programmes.
* The nature of the project is operation and maintenance and there was not any Capital Expenditure envisaged.