Vision and Mission
The HRD Vertical seeks to facilitate a conducive environment for learning for children, youth, and adults through policy and programmatic interventions so they can develop to their full potential and contribute towards the socio-economic development of the country.
The HRD Vertical strives to facilitate school readiness, socio-emotional learning, critical and higher order thinking, and grade-level competency amongst all children in the country and to empower youth with employability skills, research temperament and subject matter expertise through a high quality, accessible, equitable, accountable, and affordable education system.
The Line Ministries of the Vertical are the Ministry of Education, and its two Departments, Department of School Education and Literacy and Department of Higher Education; and the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, and its two Departments, Department of Sports and Department of Youth Affairs. Education related to agriculture and allied sectors, public health, and medical are not the domain areas of the Vertical. The HRD Vertical covers: 1) Pre-primary, elementary, secondary, higher-secondary, higher, technical and teacher education 2) Formal and non-formal education, including adult literacy 3. Areas of special focus, such as education of girls, Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), minorities, and children with special needs, and youth affairs and sports.
The Vertical’s key functions include:
- Policy Analysis: Evaluation of Cabinet Notes, EFCs, SFCs from Line Ministries.
- Benchmarking Educational Achievement of States: Development of indices to track progress and infuse healthy competition among States to improve education.
- Research Studies: The Vertical takes up policy issues in the field of education to formulate policy recommendations through extensive research and consultations.
- Programme-Level Intervention: The Vertical also takes up programme-level interventions to develop proof of concept to improve quality of education—school and higher.
- Dr Prem Singh, Adviser, email@example.com
- Mr Harshit Mishra, Deputy Adviser, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Piyush Prakash, Senior Associate, Piyush.email@example.com
- Mr Richa Chaudhary, Young Professional, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Aastha Sharma, Young Professional, email@example.com
- Ms Zainab Fida Ahsan, Young Professional, Zainab.firstname.lastname@example.org
- World Bank
- Piramal Foundation
- Boston Consulting Group
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
- School Education Quality Index
Current and Upcoming Projects
- Sustainable Action for Human Development-Education 1.0
- School Education Quality Index 1.0
- Sustainable Action for Human Development-Education 2.0
- School Education Quality Index 2.0
- Working Paper on Roadmap for Human Capital Development for Economic Growth
- Working Paper on Roadmap to Improve the Quality of Public School Education
- Working Paper on Reforms in Higher Education: Rebrand India as the Education Destination
- Working Paper on State Model Regulatory Framework for Private Schools
- Reforms in Teacher Education