i) Capacity Development
- Constitution and effective functioning of an Expert Advisory Group on the specified theme (including representation from NITI Aayog).
- This may be supported by Technical Advisory Groups on specific topics, if so decided by the Expert Group.
- Functional E-Resource network of experts, practitioners - national, across Regions/States- which can also be posted at the NITI web site.
- E-Resource inventory on the themes- including latest research studies and case studies of best practices.
ii) Inputs for 15 year Vision, 7 year strategy and 3 year Action Plan
- Theme Policy Paper that highlights the vision, situation analysis, challenges and opportunities, emerging issues, strategies and monitorable outcomes. This would feed into the 7 year strategy and 3 year action plan.
- Synthesis of best practices- nationally and subsequently globally linked.
- Organisation of seminars to share updates on issues related to the specific themes. Periodic newsletters may also be brought out on the subject.
iii) Mentoring and outreach
- Mentoring of 10 or more identified institutions on this theme in other regions.
- Inclusion/Integration of National Development Agenda and the role of NITI Aayog in the relevant curriculum/sessions on public policy- where applicable.
iv) Social Mobilisation
Public campaigns on any selected national priority will be conducted by each partner institution thereby mobilizing students, faculty, linked institutions and civil society. This priority would be identified by the institution as related to its area of interest- such as Swachh Bharat, Green Energy, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, etc.