Shri Bibek Debroy is an economist and was educated in Ramakrishna Mission School, Narendrapur; Presidency College, Kolkata; Delhi School of Economics and Trinity College, Cambridge.
He has worked in following Professional bodies:
- Presidency College, Kolkata (1979-83)
- Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune (1983-87)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi (1987-93)
- as The Director of a Ministry of Finance/UNDP project on legal reforms (1993-98)
- Department of Economic Affairs (1994-95)
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies (1997-2005)
- PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2005-06)
- Centre for Policy Research (2007-2015)
He has authored/edited several books, papers and popular articles and has also been a Consulting/Contributing Editor with several newspapers.