Jump to navigation
Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- 1.3 billion people – one in five globally – still lack access to modern electricity.
- 3 billion people rely on wood, coal, charcoal or animal waste for cooking and heating.
- Energy is the dominant contributor to climate change, accounting for around 60% of total glbal greenhouse gas emissions.
- Energy from renewable resources – wind, water, solar, biomass and geothermal energy – is inexhaustible and clean. Renewable energy currently constitutes 15% of the global energy mix.
- The total installed capacity for electricity generation in India has registered a compound annual growth rate of 7% (2013-14).
- The total installed capacity of grid interactive renewable power has been showing a growth rate of over 12% (2013-14).