Jump to navigation
Goal 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
- Official development assistance (ODA) stood at approximately $135 billion in 2014.
- In 2014, 79% of imports from developing countries entered developed countries duty-free.
- The debt burden on developing countries remains stable at about 3% of export revenue.
- The number of internet users in Africa almost doubled in the past four years.
- As of 2015, 95% of the world’s population is covered by a mobile-cellular signal.
- 30% of the world’s youth are digital natives, active online for at least five years.
- Internet penetration has grown from just over 6% of the world’s population in 2000 to 43% in 2015.
- But more than four billion people do not use the Internet, and 90% of them are from the developing world.
- India has the second highest number of Internet users in the world however, Internet penetration in the country is under 20%.