Jump to navigation
Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- 1.3 billion tonnes of food are wasted every year.
- If people worldwide switched to energy-efficient lightbulbs, the world would save US$120 billion annually.
- Should the global population reach 9.6 billion by 2050, the equivalent of almost three planets could be required to provide the natural resources needed to sustain current lifestyles.
- More than 1 billion people still do not have access to fresh water.
- India is the fourth largest GHG emitter, responsible for 5.3% of global emissions. India has committed to reduce the emissions intensity of its GDP by 20 to 25% by 2020.